Thursday, January 19, 2006

Starting off the New Year Right!


I'm learning to relax more often. Hence the countryside picture. I've spent the better part of my adult life pursuing a career that I didn't enjoy that much. BUT, I am pretty darned good at it. I was making some pretty big bucks at an oil company (you've all seen them- yellow canopy at the retail location), but management had such major issues that from Jan to June this year, we lost over 50% of our dept --- they left voluntarily!
Being optimistic, I stayed until November. When I began to realize, it was a no win situation (didn't matter if you did it well or not, it wasn't going to be excepted as "good enough"), and that Thanksgiving and Christmas would be full of overtime rather than fun, I quit.
That was hard to do. The holidays were much more enjoyable though. And now, I'm off to new adventures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home